Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Ode to French Terry

I have a confession to make, I only recently (like really recently, about 2 months ago) figured out what french terry fabric is. Yup, no idea that my favorite zip hoodie wasn't some kind of weird sweatshirt but not sweatshirt fleece material. Had no idea what it was called or that I could even buy french terry fabric. Obviously, I have been living under a rock. Once I figured out what the favorite material was called, and hurrah! I can even sew something great up, I had to find some! So today's post is the result of my discovery.

All three pieces are from New Look 6734. The french terry is a stretch (FT comes in not stretchy too!) in a lovely mocha color.

Zip front jacket. This is actually the last item I cut, I ran out of the mocha french terry fabric for the back and used a lovely bird print jersey which was lined with brown jersey for stability.


The back of the zip jacket.


With the clam diggers. The pants were altered from a much longer capri pattern and did not behave nice when I shortened them, not sure what happened, but after ripping it all out and fiddling they worked out well.



The tee, this tee was wow short! About 3 inches above my belly button unhemmed too short as I forgot I lengthened the pattern like the first time I made it. I added the brown jersey at the hem for a layered look but I might try something else as I don't love it.




Little i's robot birthday tee, made the day after his birthday.

Pleat sleeve raglan from Woman's Ottobre 5/08 #14. I shortened the sleeves and probably should have sized up as the newsprint girls fabric is an interlock and not quite as stretchy as jersey :) I still like it though!

Well all of my other projects, mostly tee shirts, are in the wash so I will get some pictures once they are all clean!

Annmarie

No comments: