Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday Zen

Tis Birthday season around here. We have, I think, 10 birthdays in 2 months between our families! We all know how birthdays can get: easy to go over the top, worry about everything being perfect and not really enjoying the day. Last year we were forced into simple due to the fact we were living in a hotel room! But it was really nice, Little i had fun playing and eating good food, so why not do it again (well not the hotel room part, the simple part!). I kept it real simple, got some yummy pizza, made a simple cake (the decorations on the cake were matchbox cars!) and invited a couple friends, we had a great time playing and eating 'cake? caaakkee? CAAKKKEE!!' as little i was saying all day. Oh and yes I did do a little bit of sewing for him! :)











Little i cooking up breakfast in his new apron and kitchen! The apron is lined with some cute red dotted fabric (you can see it a bit on his apron strings) Ended up being the perfect size for him: his other aprons are too long and the neck hangs low, i used snaps on the 'ties' so it is easy to adjust bigger later on and easy for him to put on/take off.







Little i's cars shirt. He asked for cars for his birthday so he got them! I appliquéd the car fabric onto a ready made tee, makes for a really fast project!







Not his birthday, but since I had some tees ready to appliqué ;) This is his lucky duck shirt. I know there are no ducks on it. When he was getting ready for bed he pointed at his shirt and said duck with a tooth brush in his mouth. No sweetie that's a dog. No mama, me a lucka duck, dog and CAR, one, foo, three, mama me! (in case you don't understand caveman/three year old: I am a lucky duck cause my mama made me a shirt that has cars and dogs and numbers and is just for me!) what a sweet kid :)









All I've finished for now, the warm weather has lured me outside, far away from my lovely sewing machine...
Annmarie

No comments: