Thursday, February 28, 2008

Parade of Unrelated Items

Who doesn't love a parade? Especially one that involves pictures!









First there were these.... (cloth books)








and then there were these... (patchwork apron and potholder)



And then this... (mini ironing mat and iron, of course)


So why am I showing you all of these totally unrelated projects? Because they all were to learn skills. The first, to fussy cut and decorative topstitch, the second the piece patchwork together and practice binding, and the third to practice binding some more! LOL


All of this is to complete this project:

Baby n's quilt! No, no it's not done, but I thought I would show you a little peek :). I still have to get the quilt batting, thread, and needles to finish. It wasn't as intimidating and scary as I thought it would be. I decided to practice all of the quilt making skills a little at a time so it wouldn't be totally overwhelming. The hardest part was figuring out how to make the binding look nice. I could do a functional binding, but honestly they didn't look the greatest. Now I am confident the quilt will look pretty good when it's done. Just gotta go to the store!
What am I working on now being as the quilt is on hold? It has minkee and birds and is for little i :P
Love Annmarie

No comments: