Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hard to believe a year is up again! I think the years are going by faster and faster. :)

Well, I don't have a project to post, but I wanted to share my New Year's resolution. I don't typically make resolutions, but this year I have something specific and, hopefully, attainable in mind. I am going on a craft diet for 3 months. No new fabric, yarn, etc., with the exception of coop commitments I have already made and notions needed to finish a project. My supplies runneth over and I really want to use it not just stare at it nicely folded or stacked. The second part of my resolution is no buying new rtw (ready to wear) clothing (excluding special items and shoes). So everything for my spring wardrobe will be handmade or refashioned. This is going to be a wee bit challenging because I love spring dresses and skirts and end up with a closet full by June! I also plan on making most of little i's clothes for spring/summer so I shall be quite busy (baby n has soo soo many clothes, lots of wonderful handmedowns!). I've decided to give myself the option of purchasing one handmade item during this time, mostly because Kev will be deployed and I do my own present shopping while he is gone (Valentine's Day is smack in the middle of this time frame ;).

So why handmade only? Why not! I can sew ;) (and knit) I have lots of wonderful patterns, fabrics, yarns, and i tend to love the fit and style of the handmade items I make moreso than rtw, why not stick with what I love? :D

I am adding a pic of my last rtw purchase for the next 3 months: totally frivolous but a steal:


Faux fur lined slippers, very warm and cozy :)

I'll keep the blog updated with my progress and if (really i am not going to ;) I slip up!

Annmarie

No comments: