Thursday, January 15, 2009

Purple Wool Dress

So about a year ago when we decided to switch to cloth diapers, I discovered that I am not totally allergic to wool :) Very exciting for me because I was pretty much limited to cotton, silk or cashmere for sweaters. Now I have added some love wool items to my closet, as well use wool covers for the boys. (oh right and knit with wool) I had bought some wool jersey to make covers for the boys, but after making some shorties decided I liked interlock and blend wool better. So I had 2 lightly felted yards of jersey to do 'something' with. I decided to try out dip dying and make something for me out of it.

I modified a pattern I had on hand and used a knit dress in my closet for inspiration. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It's definitely unique!


It's slightly see through, so it will be an over other clothes type dress.


I overlapped the straps in the back and added a pleat to help it fit better.


Annmarie

No comments: